|me, about to get mauled to death by a wolf:||puppy! who's a handsome puppy|
i can’t decide if this is figuratively or literally unbelievable
Literally look at this misdirecting shit. Look at it.
Look at how they organize the y-axis in descending order in order to make the chart go DOWN, assuming people wont look at it for two seconds and assume that enrollment is falling when its actually nearly doubled since its first estimation.
This is the kind of shit that Fox News pulls to lie to its viewers in plain sight. This is how desperate they are to discredit the ACA as unpopular and unwanted when its actually the opposite.
BUFFY REWATCH - one gifset per episode
└7.16 - Storyteller
Michelle Rodriguez laying down truths
That third gif also sums up the reason why so many queer women in fiction get treated like shit and why we barely get acknowledged as existing at all
These pathetic excuses for writers have no idea how to write a woman who doesn’t want to fuck a man
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
Big Houses are fun, but most of the time they’re money pits.
#4. College Sports Are Bad for Schools
Varsity sports are fucking a big, bloody hole right in the center of the American education system, and laughing the entire time. If we did away with all varsity sports — yes, all of it, today — the world would be a better place. I’m serious, why do we play sports in college at all? What’s the fucking purpose? Aren’t those supposed to be schools? Aren’t we supposed to be teaching people about the real world? “But sports bring in money!” you spit desperately at your computer screen. No, they don’t: Sports teams are actually massive financial drains on their colleges, with only 10 percent turning a profit. Most colleges end up more like the University of Michigan, which lost $7 million over two seasons.